Monday, May 18, 2009

My Own Design



I am so excited!!! I sat down yesterday with the intention of creating a new design, and I did it. From start to finish on my new sewing machine, I have my first original design. I am going to call it the Kimberly bag after my daughter, seems fitting, even at almost 2, she loves bags! The process of creating the pattern came much easier then I had imagined and that made me want to do even more. The fabric was just some scraps I had leftover from a quilt I made last fall, so I'm anxious to remake the pattern with some Amy Butler or Heather Bailey fabrics (my favorites!). I was planning to work on another pattern tonight, but am tired from a day of shopping and visiting with an old friend. Maybe later this week I will get back to it, turns out I will be teaching tomorrow, I do love that too!

1 comment:

  1. Wow... How stylish! That would be the perfect purse for a wedding or fancy dinner or shopping with the gals or... anytime, really. It's so super pretty!!

    ReplyDelete