Monday, May 24, 2010

For your viewing pleasure...





I know, I know, tons of pictures, but I have been BUSY with my own projects and I thought you might enjoy some pictures!
So, I'm sure you probably recognize the wallhanging from a couple months ago. I finally finished hand quilting it, yes, all that is hand quilting and it looks AMAZING in person. I think it is the nicest wallhanging I have EVER made! I'm so excited about it, I think it will be up until Christmas. (ok maybe not, but a long time!)
Then there is the medium tote I made for my friend's birthday. We went together to choose the fabric, it turned out so cute, I just love the orange (OZ by Moda) with the black and cream (Alexander Henry)!
Last but not least, my new skirt. I used an A-line pattern, and didn't have the full amount of fabric necessary to do it all with the plaid, so I improvised and added the band at the bottom. Glad I did, I think it turned out better this way. So bright and summery, and so great to have a cute new skirt that fits. This fabric is Meadowsweet by Moda, I think it's the first line because I thought I saw somewhere there is a Meadowsweet 2 out now. Beautiful line of fabric, I would love to get my hands on some more of it!
Okay, that's all for now. I think this week I'm going to make some zip pouches from extra fabric and the zippers my grandma is letting me use, she is so generous with her supplies! Although, I was looking through books tonight and I saw a cute clutch purse, and a couple of my friends have been asking about those, I could use scraps.....

1 comment:

  1. Great work! The wall-hanging - WOW! The tote is smashing and the skirt is so summery and cute!

    ReplyDelete